Tuesday, March 26, 2013




For class on Monday we got together with the Forest View High School students and discussed college readiness. The group I was in was very productive and well organized. The students and I spoke very casually which was nice. I gave what advice I could about college and they seemed to be ready to learn. Ultimately their path to college is all up to them. How they do in school and  what schools they pick all comes down to the choices they make.

When I started talking about the things I enjoy about being in college, apart from the obvious which is an higher education, is the opportunity to achieve greater success later in life. Also the social networking is awesome. All the new people you get to meet and build relationships with is really an exciting thing on the path to adulthood.

1 comment:

  1. I said the same to the students I had, and they seemed to be really interested in the idea of meeting new people. They kept saying how they can not wait to move on from high school and start making new memories.

    ReplyDelete